Tuesday, September 3, 2013

whos training who...

most of the time my answer to this question is, i am training my children... but in the case of potty training... 
yep, they are training me... 
teaching me when, and how they go.
teaching me to be patient... 
and they are making huge strides this week!

today James has been in undies all day.... (just undies hehe!) 
James, has figured out how to tell me he doesn't have to go, he just says, no... 
so i wait... then make him go a little later... (he hates to leave what hes doing to go)

well, today, he has been dry! all day! even through nap time!  
he had also been occasionally taking his undies off and running to me. i then would ask him if he had to go, and he would go... he figured out he has to do this before going... so hes been taking his pants off and running to "show me" he has to go..
i finally just decided to leave the door open, and he decided to go on his own! , then! get this! 
he took his undies off again, ran to me, then rushed to the potty and POOPED! yippie! 
i know its pretty silly, but im sooo excited... he is basically teaching himself, and Jonathan is close behind him! 

we have had issues with Jonathan pooping in the bath, every time he bathed! 
i told him hes to go on the potty, and not int he bath... 
today, while this was messy... he realized he had to go, and climbed out of the bath, but didn't quite make it to his potty... but, i will take what i can get... 
this is why the bathroom is bleached at least every other day! heh! 
im super excited to be rid of diaper very soon!

2 comments:

  1. Always an exciting time of life... but, yes, I think it's the parents who get more excited than the kids. How well I remember training 2 at once also. Praying it continues to go well this week. Hugs, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is AWESOME!!! WOOWHOO!

    Them "training" YOU...means THEY Are LEARNING! Potty training is a skill & they are Learning! WOo whhoooo!

    ReplyDelete