Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My prayer and goal...

This morning i was reading in 1st kings, and i came upon some really inspiring verses:

1 Kings 2:1-4
Now the days of David drew nigh that he should die; and he charged Solomon his son, saying, 
" I go the way of all the earth: be thou strong therefore, and shew thyself a man;
And keep the charge of the lord thy God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgements, and his testimonies, as it is written int he law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever, thou turnest thyself: 
That the lord may continue his word which he spake concerning me, saying, 
If thy children take heed to their way, to walk before me in truth with all their heart and with all their soul, there shall not fail thee(said he) a man on the throne of Israel ".





I pray that I can teach my sons to be strong men of God, who follow after his commandments, and show them selves men! i pray i can instill a love of Christ in them, and that they will take heed to their ways, and follow after the truth.!  so may "teens" don't know how to be men and women of christ, don't pay attention to what they are doing. they are still children.(i was one of them!)  I pray I can grow my boys to be young MEN! Solid in the truth, not afraid to speak it, not ignorant in the truth! all over scripture Christ promises reward to those who teach and train the next generation to Love, honor and obey him, and punishment to those who do not! i pray that God gives me wisdom, and strength to raise them to love him, and grace when i fail.(because i know i will at times).


1 comment:

  1. Never forget your prayer and goal... no matter how hard your role becomes. It's too easy to lose that focus... and harder still to regain. Hugs and prayers, Grace

    ReplyDelete