Friday, May 31, 2013

Less about me... more about my blessing!

Ive decided for a little bit, to post less about me, and more about the things i am blessed with... 
and i will start with...
well, the beginning... 
I am thankful God chose to create me, and give me the home, and parents that loved me so much! 

My dad always had a job! he always knew how to "fix it". what ever it was... he could make it work... 
i remember as a teen, we didn't have much money, so we were not able to get certain things fixed on "my" car... so... my dad got crafty! i had a running car! it had zip ties for handles, and a few other memorable quirks ! it was fun to go to dad and say... "dad, my zip ties need replaced!" haha! 

(i have alot more memories, but i am saving that for fathers day!)



My mother... she was always teaching me things... how to read for instance... 
she was so patient with me, making sure i understood everything i was reading... 
she taught me to remember "word, for word" instructions... and this is a great blessing to have through adulthood!  
she taught me to clean! and now... i LOVE clean! 
she taught me to never tease my siblings! to stand up for them! i remember being about 7, and a
group of after school kids were teasing Hannah. i wanted to "fit in" so i joined the fun... Daniel (being the tattle tail that i love! ) ran in and told mom... boy did i learn a lesson... 
she tole me how she was teased as a child for her cleft scars, and how it hurt her... i didn't realize how it was hurting my sister! to this day i have done my best to stick of for my siblings... and i think we have a pretty strong relationship! they are always wanting to come over! thank you mom for this lesson.
she taught me how to care for my children... and even in adult hood, she is always encouraging me, and saying still "mommy loves you!" i pray i never forget these words! they are sweet to me!

so today... i am thankful for beginnings! for my parents... for the life i had as a teen... while not what most would hope for, i learned a lot, and i am praying God can be glorified in every part of it...


4 comments:

  1. You are a blessing. Love you bunches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rachel,
    It is so sweet to read these words of thankfulness.

    As you now know, and can say, since you have children of your own, that mommies and daddies NEVER stop loving their children; no matter how young or old they are, and no matter what they do or do not do. What a wonderful picture of our Heavenly Father's love for us!
    With love,
    Mrs. Olsen

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sweet Rachel Bug , what can I say.
    My heart is overjoyed to see you serve the Lord the way you do. You truly are a blessing
    Mommy loves you !!

    ReplyDelete