Saturday, June 1, 2013

Less about me... More about my blessings (cont)

Next on the list... 
my siblings:

Together, we were a might army. Most times it was for good, some not so good! 
We rallied together to give mom all the things "mommies are supposed to have". 
such as heart attacks, grey hairs, hugs and kisses, and chocolate! 
(ask any one of my siblings, we were always buying her chocolate!)
we would lock each other in buckets, or closets ( heart attack for mom... check! )
we would climb trees as tall as our house (another heart attack! double the points! )
we made the biggest messes out of the littlest things. (grey hairs... check!)

we also loved (and still do) doing things for God together... 
we went visiting, sang, read Gods word. we were a team... 
(its a little harder now that some have moved and such.)

 my siblings were blessings to me growing up... and they still are. 





Daniel: when mom brought him home... he was "my baby" not mom's...
when he was about 2 he chased me around the room with his remote Thomas the train, which my boys now love to play with! there was one time he dropped a rock on my head... and then... ok, just kidding, he wasn't all bad! he made me tough! we would fight one minuet, and the next plot our newest adventure into the woods! he was no sissy! and still isn't. he loves to play with my boys, and rough 'em up" and i cant wait to see his future now that he has moved! 


Hannah: she was the "Balance" to most everything... i was so happy to see a pink blanket in mommy's arms the day she came home, (though it did take a while to find the baby! tiny little thing that she was! )
she was so calm! and such a girl! she was the other half of me! literally!  she made me girly, and made me think of things on the other side of it! (and it was usually good! ) which is why she and i agree that she can keep that part of my brain for when i need it! 
she watched everything, and knew when to keep silent. i never could! heheh! 
Hannah has a tremendous desire to serve God!she has the Joy of the Lord! and she always has a shoulder ready for me when i need it! ;)


Thomas: The first baby i remember actually being big enough to care for... 
He was the bright side of everything! (and still is)... no matter the situation, there was always a good side, always a sliver lining... and ALWAYS a "God is in it" attitude.  us kids often were jealous of him cuz it seemed that he never go in trouble, but that was just because he was never really grumpy... really! i don't even know if i remember him crying as a baby.
His love for music has been a huge blessing! it is so sweet to see Jonathan sit in his lap, as they share a love for music!I love his love for music, and use it often! ha! 
 Sweet Thomas... always sweet!


Rebekah: My girl! almost in every way...  i remember loving that i was the oldest! and old enough to baby sit her! she was my "mommy training".  She would wake up crying, and i would pull her into bed with me... i was always doing my best to protect her from anything and everything! (to a fault at times, cuz she probable got tired of never being able to do dangerous things) i remember being about 10 or 11, we had a big earth quake... well, that kinda shook me up, so my dad had some fun the next day and woke me by shaking my bunk bed... my first though was "grab Rebekah and find a safe place"... Rebekah is all the things i was, in her own way... S
she is crafty! (and she can draw! no fair!) she love music, as do all of us. she is unique! and will let you know! she has spunk! and So beautiful! she is a strong girl! which i pray will be used for God in her future! 
i have the joy of having her around often! i help her with school, she helps me when my body reminds me of just how old i am getting!  we make a good team. 


3 comments:

  1. awww thanks rachel. I am so glad and happy to call you my big sister
    Love you always
    Sissy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe shucks, you gonna make me cry. LOL love you sis!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebekah you are beautiful and you are pretty

    ReplyDelete