Sunday, June 16, 2013

My blessings cont.) (Happy father's day!

so i said i was saving my elaboration of how my father has blessed me until fathers day... well, it is a little late as i am a terrible writer... and there is a lot to write! 


Growing up, i learned alot of very valuable things from my father...

i learned to fix things! lots of things! ask philemon... i was the first one to use his tools after his tool party... he asked me where i learned how to fix X... and i always said, my dad showed me how. (Philemon fixes lots of things now for the record:)

i remember watching he and uncle Dave build a whole engine together... i will not say weather it ran or not... but i can tell you, i know what i piston is, and a head gasket, and piston rods, and spark plugs, and well you get the idea! 
i always asked dad things... and he always had an answer! :)

a fond memory i have is getting to be the one to ride in dad's old Chevy! oh how i miss that truck! when i smell motor oil i am reminded of how the inside of the truck smelled and my mine floods with the sound of the engine revving and gears shifting at just the right moments... i then remember how i wanted to be able to drive just like my dad! he was so good at driving big trucks! i was so excited when he would let me shift for him in the Chevy! i can say i never really had trouble driving a stick when it was time for me to learn, because he taught me from young what to listen for when shifting. he taught me how to drive well. and many times his advice has kept me safe... in that split second i can remember just what he taught me, and it has been crucial i do it! thank you dad for answering all those silly questions i had about you truck! 

with the memory of my dad being suck a good driver of big rigs... i think of my husband... and it just so happens that i am married a man who drives big truck for a living... just like my daddy! 

i also married a man who is caring when it comes to others... just like my dad! 
my dad is so sweet! always wanting to help others... always willing to lend a hand... 
i know if im ever in a pinch, i can ask him! and he will do his best to help...

My dad is a great grandpa! my boys love him.. and though he doesn't see them often (he is on the road driving those big trucks around) they know who he is! and love to see him... (even if they appear to be shy, they aren't!)   James often says "papaw? hello? please? " which means he wants to call him on the phone! and papaw is always willing to take a few minutes to talk to him, thought there is little actual talking on James part.:)

i am Proud to call Roy Simpson my dad! hes always there! hes always sweet! always telling me he is thinking of me... hes a good dad! 

James and jonathan say hi papaw! 


1 comment:

  1. That was awesome. Thanks for the great gift. Love Dad/Papaw.

    ReplyDelete