Saturday, June 8, 2013

Less about me...( cont.2)

since i started these post from the beginning, i figured i would keep sort of a chronological order of my blessing in life... this however is not to say that anyone, or anything is more important than the other, it just happened in that order(to the best of my memory!:)


i mentioned my parents and life growing up with my siblings... 
In between stages in my life... there were many friends, and Godly people who nurtured me. including my parents...

How blessed i feel to have, not only my family, but so many others to help me along the way through teen hood! and still today! 
As i said before, order of persons mentions doesn't not mean more or less importance:)


my youngest memory is of a still dear friend, "Aunt Mica" this is all ive known her as! 
i remember learning versed in awannas with her, and going on visitation with her. If my mom want available, i was always able to find her! i remember sitting on her lap, playing with my baby while she showed me how it was to be fed. :) This was all before the age of 6... we moved very far away! she moved too :(
I was so happy to find her on face book, and though i have since been rid of facebook, i can still email her! and it seems like we never changed in our relationship with each other! She amazes me with how she is so Godly through all the health needs in her family... Please pray for her and her son, they are ill often. She blesses my heart with her sweet attitude in it all. always giving a Godly reason to keep smiling!

next: 
i have what appear to be many aunts! but, really its not a name i give lightly! :)
Aunt Janinne! ive known her since i was 8! 
i remember , oy! a lot of things! I remember when donna was born! and the first time i got to babysit her! and it became a habit! i got to spent the night often! which meant... Flufa nuters! mmmm! 
and movie nights!, and learning to cook a few things! 
she taught me a very important thing though... 
If God gives you the desire to be hospitable... DO it! and don't let Satan stress you out about it! Love people! and make sure to have LOTS of food! Janinne is a very hospitable woman! i should know, i was there a lot! :) 

 Aunt Jackie! our friendship began with Visitation. I went out of my way to make sure i got to go with the Harpers. i learned how to make choices! and not be afraid of them. because God would help me through them, if i kept my eyes on him. i learned that is IS ESSENTIAL to have an Oreo and a dr. pepper with at least one breakfast and a superman show before school each month!
i learned that things getting hard doesn't always have to be the end of life! and that Gods word always has the answer... i just had to dig deeper, and look harder. 
and one day! i would not be a teen anymore... and i would have to be a big girl!
as not so willing to hear as i may have appeared, i took it all in! and i did learn! alot! i find little things i say sometimes that, if it doesn't sound like my mother, it sound like Aunt Jackie.


MRs Houston... If i wasn't at my house, or the Harpers, or the Broxtons... i was at the Houstons!
i babysat often! and i am most certain i needed her more than she needed me! many nights she stay up late just to talk with me... and share Gods word with me... she even got me to eat oatmeal! for it was something i hate with a passion! and a daily breakfast for them! HA! i eat it! but i still dont like it ;)
many closets we saw! counseling me about life... and how to plan for the future! what was important? God, and being a servant for him, in everything... and showing people his love! she showed me how to love people, by loving me! (i know i was a hard person to love! i was a teenager! )
i learned to trust God in everything... and am still asking her questions! and she is still so willing to share her wisdom with me!
Her children have blessed me as well! Naomi! i can honestly say i NEVER say lots of things i used to say! (not saying it! ) she was my bridle if you will! always reminding me how to hold my tongue... though i was technically the "one in charge" i learned more from these kids than i ever expected to!
Anna! how to smile! all the time, no matter what! and how to make fun of basically everything!
I learned from the rest in very unique ways..  some of which were how to handle certain things.
Daniel would say i learned where every corner in the house was! cuz i sent him there alot! heheh!
there are some many! I have not room to write each down~ just know they all blessed me in their own way! ;) 

there are also many friendships i am building now that have been such a blessing to me...
and i am Glad i have people to help me! God knew i need them!
they are not afraid to tell me what is really important! God, his word, people, and reaching them for Christ!


2 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    I am thankful to read this post and count it an honor to be among these other ladies who have influenced your life. The great thing about friendship is that it works both ways. I have been blessed by your friendship and your love for Uncle Dave and I.
    Love Aunt Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, what a sweet post! I too count it an honor to be counted among those who have influenced you! It is a wonderful thing to get to watch you grow in your relationships as you have grown up into a beautiful woman, friend, wife, and mother! LOVE the corner/Daniel bit! Made Anna and me laugh!!

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete